Thanks for looking at my web site!
- Read about my books and how to purchase them..
- Blog with other writers about what's on your mind.
- Read my poetry blog at CreativelyChristina.com
Christina has been a writer since she was ten years old, publishing her first poem at the age of 12 in The Worcester, MA, Sunday Telegram. While pastoring churches, she wrote many children's stories based on biblical themes for Sunday school and youth groups, which were used in her teaching.
Her poignant and sensitive poetry reflects her home on Cape Cod as well as travels to Montana, Switzerland, New England ski areas and various other jaunts. Haiku has been her favorite form of writing poetry and even her longer poems reflect the haiku flavor. Some include an "ah-ha" moment, others use vibrant descriptive language and images, creating a strong sense of place. Her first haiku was published in 1976. Since then her haiku and poems have appeared in anthologies, magazines and periodicals across the U.S., in England, Canada and Japan and have captured numerous prizes and awards.
Christina is in continual study of her craft. Recently she developed an interest in the mystery writing genre and attends two writing groups. She is committed to her work, setting time aside each day to write. She is the author of a middle grade mystery story, a memoir on grief, two unpublished texts based on obscure figures in the bible, and several children's books.
Christina has lectured at numerous schools, colleges and churches in the Boston and Hartford areas. She has held workshops on varied subjects at many district churches, schools and women's groups in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island. Her education experiences include:
- The Bancroft School, Worcester, MA.
- Hartwick College, Oneonta, NY, BA in Literature.
- Salter Secretarial School, Worcester, MA.
- Northeastern University, studies in Shakespeare.
- Breadloaf Writers Conference, Middlebury College, VT.
- Boston University School of Theology (ordained in 1992).
- Hartford Seminary, Doctoral Program.